Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Loading surfaces

Yvonne
Advocate

Is there a way to load multiple surfaces from a library (in our case our bim cloud library)? 

We usually would go to the surfaces setting and click new> new from catalog>bim cloud library... 

but this only allows us to load 1 surface each time. 

AC26 | Win11 | 64 bit | 32Gb RAM | Intel i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz
3 REPLIES 3
Lingwisyer
Guru

If they are already loaded into another project, could you just use the Attribute Manager? Have not used BIM Cloud before...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Barry Kelly

@Yvonne wrote:

We usually would go to the surfaces setting and click new> new from catalog>bim cloud library... 

but this only allows us to load 1 surface each time. 

This is not 'loading' a surface.

They are already loaded in your library - otherwise they would not be there for you to add.

You are creating new surface attributes, and as all of the settings for each new surface is different, this is probably why you are allowed only to do one at a time.

Once created, they are then an attribute which you can export/import to any file - more than one at a time.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

oh right.. I meant creating surfaces. Just wanted to see if there's a way to get all the surfaces that are loaded into the library into the surfaces instead of doing it one at a time.

Yvonne_0-1637275556719.png

AC26 | Win11 | 64 bit | 32Gb RAM | Intel i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz