Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Locking Layers in Plotmaker?

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be nice to be able to lock off layers in Plotmaker to make editing (esp. master sheets) easier. drag-selecting items such as text ends up selecting any placed .pmk drawings, and it would be good to be able to assign these drawings to a PLACED layer and lock it.

...but it doesn't seem possible. am i not looking hard enough, or is it really impossible?
if so, this should go to the 'wishes' forum
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Drawings, though they have layers, are not on layers and so cannot be locked this way. There is also no element locking in PM as there is in AC. I have also wished for something like this since it is often hard to avoid selecting drawings.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I know,
locking capabilities is clearly on my PM wish list !.

What I've done, as a workarround, when intensive work needs to be done on PM 'on top of placed drawings' (ie, lots of revision markers/bubbles on window schedules, etc.), is to temporarily copy and paste onto the Master sheet, so the PMK drawing looks 'ghosted' on yr worksheet. Then you can work on it without ever selecting the PMK by mistake.

If you plan ahead, a Master sheet can be set-up in advance for the team, for this purpose. Hope this helps.

Cedric
Stig Bengtsson
Participant
Another workaround is to place a hotspot and group it with the drawing you want to lock. If you then lock the hotspot layer the drawing is also locked.

Stig
Architect AIA RIBA SAR/MSA, Graphisoft Registered Consultant
AC19 SWE 7006
AC20 SWE 4012
TomWaltz
Participant
Stig wrote:
Another workaround is to place a hotspot and group it with the drawing you want to lock. If you then lock the hotspot layer the drawing is also locked.

Stig
I like the idea... I just have a lot of users who suspend grouping because it is too "inconvenient".....
Tom Waltz