BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PLANS

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have an blown up section plan that I am doing and also a corresponding Reflected ceiling plan. How do I make sure (for lack of better words) view ports are the same size on each page that I need to add ? For example i would like that the plan and the rcp look exactly the same size same location as each other and so on. How do i do this?
Any help would be very much appreciated !

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Trace Reference would work very well for that if you have no visible reference points, grid lines, etc... You can also set up a grid for the Master Layout and place the Drawings relative to those.

In ArchiCAD a Viewport( as you call it) is a View Map or a Project Map that you drag or place into a Layout, which is the Sheet.
When the View Map or Project Map is laced into a Layout it is then called a Drawing. So Layouts/Sheets have Drawings.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

David Maudlin
Virtuoso
MARLON423:

What I do is place one plan's View on a Layout. I then create a copy of that Layout in the Navigator. I go to the copied Layout, select the View, right-click and select Link Drawing To... and select the other plan's View, it will come in at the same location and crop. If you have already set up the Layouts, just drag a copy of the View into the next Layout and use the Link Drawing To... command.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!