Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Plotter prints master data but no layout content

Andy Thomson
Advisor
We are hellbent to make this work. The plotter is an aging HP455CA. We have tried printing with the most recent Gutenburg/Cups drivers, printing is only successful up to 11x17 format, any Arch D or other size will crash the plotter.

As an alternate workflow, we have tried to print with AC10's built-in plotter driver for the 455CA - with some success, but often, we will get Titleblock/Master data, with no placed drawing data. Images (even very large ones) and their title objects plot just fine - it is the placed drawings that disappear. Linework drawn on the actual layout will print also. Transparent or opaque backgrounds do not make a difference.

We have tried just about every setting available, but this problem persists. This is only on the MAC side, PC's seem to have no issues like this. Can anyone suggest a solution?

AHA! As is often the case, the solution appeared while typing this post. Placed drawings cannot use colors 'defined by penset' - if these are switched to 'Black and White' the drawings print fine.
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
4 REPLIES 4
Rod Jurich
Contributor
andyro wrote:
We are hellbent to make this work......... This is only on the MAC side, PC's seem to have no issues like this. Can anyone suggest a solution?
AHA! As is often the case, ........
Andy, there is another step in the process but I've had to resort to saving as plot file and then using PlotFlow for X.app.
Small advantage is that this can be another form of record keeping. My dinosaur is HP230. My son inherited my HP100 which works really well on PC but line weight is poor on Mac.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Andy Thomson
Advisor
It seems, finally, I have isolated the culprit. Transparent BG must be switched on. If there are several placed drawings, on/off/on....

I literally whooped and hollered and jumped up and down when I discovered this. Let's just hope it stays 'FIXED' (Plotter, I hope you heard that not so subtle threat).

Then they all plot. Grrrr. Now that's a good use of a Friday night eh?! Good thing they stock the fridge here 😉
Director
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
Rod Jurich
Contributor
andyro wrote:
/.............Now that's a good use of a Friday night eh?! Good thing they stock the fridge here 😉
Why aren't you home with the family?
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Andy Thomson
Advisor
You mean ArchiCad isn't more important?
Director