Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

DWG Template file troubles

_c_
Enthusiast

I am trying to use a DWG template file to export a precise set of attributes (we have extremely strict requirements). But when I do, lots of things disappear.

This is really happening EXCLUSIVELY when the option "dwg template" is on and is definitely related to the content of the DWG template. When I disable that, everything exports as expected:

_c__2-1719573481614.png

This is how it is in the Layout:

_c__1-1719572906093.png

And this is how it exports!

_c__0-1719572867273.png

Has anyone an idea of how to resolve this problem?

Operating system used: Windows

_c_
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

There is a yellow warning icon in the list of Translators. Also, the name of the DWG Template is in italics.

If you hover your cursor over the yellow warning icons, is any info displayed?

Also, id the DWG Template file available at the specified location, will Archicad be able to access it when it needs it?

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
_c_
Enthusiast

Hallo Lazlo, thank you for your answer.

Sorry for the confusion. I changed the translator last second only for making the screenshot (the name was too revealing), the real one is available, no yellow warning and no italics.

The main problem of this otherwise very intersting workflow, if I might add, is that one would need AutoCad to prepare the translation file. We don't have it.

I tried using an available DWG from a planning partner, but it contains loads of layouts and xrefs, these all get included in the published file during the export, which is very very strange and obviously not desired.

I tried to find more infos about DWG template files, but aside of the help there isn't much.

_c_

Setup info provided by author