BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Plug in for POV RAY and RADIANCE

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am searching for an APi or an add-on or a converter for Radiance or POV Ray for ArchiCAD 8.1 who works on Mac Os X.

Is it an impossible mission ?
4 REPLIES 4
stefan
Expert
It's not impossible. It requires some programming...

I'm trying, but don't have time at the moment. I can allready export materials, model, camera-view.

On Windows only, ATM, since I don't have a Mac available... (I have a Virtual one running but it's sooooo sloooooowwwww).
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply.

GDL is the maximum "programming" that i'm able to do .

I visit your site who is very interesting about render study based on Archicad 6.0. Some translators existed for this version : Conrad —I don't find his site www.Openentry.dk, Archicad2rad. No updates for us ?

What is the better 3D format to save the archiCAD model?

If windows is the better —the only ?— way, i will try to install a PC Virtual in my G5, or use the old PC of my childrens.

It is very strange for me to speake English with a Belgium , but it is an exercise to wake up my old English…
stefan
Expert
Fmr wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

GDL is the maximum "programming" that i'm able to do .

I visit your site who is very interesting about render study based on Archicad 6.0. Some translators existed for this version : Conrad —I don't find his site www.Openentry.dk, Archicad2rad. No updates for us ?

What is the better 3D format to save the archiCAD model?

If windows is the better —the only ?— way, i will try to install a PC Virtual in my G5, or use the old PC of my childrens.

It is very strange for me to speake English with a Belgium , but it is an exercise to wake up my old English…
It's not possible in GDL.

ConRAD & OpenEntry don't exist anymore...

ArchiCAD2rad was a very old program to convert ArchiCAD RIB-files into Radiance format. But ArchiCAD cannot export RIB-files anymore, so it's useless...

Export from ArchiCAD into *.3ds and then use it in other programs.

English is fine. I'm flemish, by the way 😉
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply

I will try wit that…
Learn and get certified!