Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Printing [selected layout] disabled if Organizer-Navigator open

Haneef Tayob
Booster
Hello
This one has been bugging me for quite a while and I'm not sure why it is so.
I normally print 'selected layouts' in the Print window after I have selected the layouts I want printed in the navigator window.

However if the 'Organizer-Navigator' window is open, the option of printing 'selected layout' is disabled. This is the window that shows Projects/views on the left and Layouts on the right. There is only an option to print all layouts.

The print 'selected layout' option is only activated if I close this window and only leave the single 'Navigator-Layout Book' window open.

It's been like this for a number of versions and on both Mac and Windows versions.
Am I missing something?
Haneef Tayob
Aziz Tayob Architects
AC23 INT rel 3003, OS X 10.14.6 iMac 3.3ghz i5 dual monitor, 24GB RAM
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Basically the Organiser replaces the Navigator so you don't need to have both open at the same time.
Close the Navigator and you can select the layouts in the Organiser and you will have the option to print them.

If you do keep both Navigator and Organiser open then either don't have the Organiser showing the layouts or don't have any layouts selected in the Navigator.

It seems to get confused when you have the layouts active and selected in both.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Haneef Tayob
Booster
Thanks Barry
It does answer my query.
I did not realise that both windows can be open, provided that layout/s are not selected on both.
Haneef Tayob
Aziz Tayob Architects
AC23 INT rel 3003, OS X 10.14.6 iMac 3.3ghz i5 dual monitor, 24GB RAM