BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Red Shift

Tim Ball
Expert

How does Red Shift compare to Twinmotion?

I see it’s included with the latest 25 upgrade so which should we use?

Tim Ball

AC26, iMac

User since V5
13 REPLIES 13
poco2013
Mentor

I don't see Red Shift in the latest update. Can someone point me to it? I thought it was to be included in update 3 next year?

Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27

It's only available for those with subscription and they require a 8 GB graphics card.

Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey

I have a SSA subscription and I see nothing on Archiplus to download. Can you direct me to the link?

Gerry

I think you can change the engine directly from the PhotoRendering Settings window. Unfortunately my MacBook Pro only has 4GB, so I can't see it.

Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey

@felcunha wrote:

I think you can change the engine directly from the PhotoRendering Settings window.

Nope -- I imagine a AddOn has to be loaded first - But don't see any link or info??

Gerry

Jeff Griffin
Enthusiast

There was nothing special to download & install, except for the latest Archicad 25 update. Here's where I found it. I haven't had much of a chance to test it out yet.

PhotoRendering_Settings_and_O_Connor__v25_5__pln.jpg

iMac 27 (2020) 3.8 GHz Core i7; 128 GB RAM; Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB GPU (macOS Sonoma)
MacBook Pro M1 Max; 64 GB RAM; 32-Core GPU (macOS Ventura)
ArchiCAD 27/26/25 Full (latest builds). User since AC12 (2008).
DGSketcher
Legend

Open Photo Rendering Settings. Select Engine: Cineware by Maxon then a bit further down select Renderer: Redshift. I would imagine like many of us, unless you have a TOP specification graphics card then you will be politely told you can't run Redshift. I can't help thinking Redshift will be serving a very limited user group for some time. I have a two year old Mac with an 8Gb Radeon Pro 580X graphics card and it didn't make the benchmark.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

I wonder if Redshift will work with the new M1 Pro chips? 

16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005

More info here... redshift-for-Archicad including hardware requirements

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Learn and get certified!