BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Renovation Status default value

Llian
Advocate
Please see screenshot..I was messing around with the Renovation setting and now I am seeing this in the Mesh tool setting - RENOVATION - use Palette to set default -what does this say?

I have been having trouble getting my mesh showing up on my site storey - this is really frustrating...i opened all layers...
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
1 REPLY 1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
It means that when you go to the Settings Dialog with no element selected, this field shows the current default setting, which is the value newly placed elements will get.
However, you can set that default value of the Renovation Status here. You need to open the Windows\Palettes\Renovation Palette and click one of the 3 Renovation Statuses buttons to set the default value. If you set it to "New" for example and then go back to the Settings Dialog you will see the Renovation Status field has changed to "New".

Please note that The Renovation Filter field controls which of the 3 buttons are enabled. Only those are enabled that are set to "Show" or "Override" for the currently active Renovation Filter. This can be viewed and modified in the Renovation Filter Options Dialog, also accessible from the Renovation Filter drop-down list of the Renovation Palette.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!