Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Shadows Hiding Hatches When Plotting

JessicaBoll08
Participant
Hello All,

I am working on colored elevations, and they show just fine in the archicad layout, and when I print them, but when I plot them, the shadows become solid fills and hide the hatches. How can I correct this? I don't change any of the settings between printing and plotting. I have attached a photo of plotting the elevation, printing the elevation, and a screen shot of the elevation in archicad.

I use archicad24 windows 10

Jessica Boll
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
I would say there must be options in the plotter settings as you print or maybe settings on the plotter itself.
Or maybe that is just the way plotters work.

But the question is, why do you want to 'Plot'?
I haven't seen a plotter for at least the last 20 years.
I am pretty sure most large format machines these days are classified as 'Printers'.

You can obviously print, so why plot?

Also it is best to set up a 'Publisher Set' (if you are not doing this already) print (save) as a PDF.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Percentage fills don't always play nice with printers, I've noticed.

Barry is correct that large format printers are just that: 'printers'. I'm sure the plot command is there for backwards compatibilty for offices still using museum pieces
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Podolsky
Ace
That might be problem with printer driver? Can you try to plot and print with the same printer - and compare what is the difference. Also try to check, do you use the latest driver. Best to do this - go on printer manufacturer web-site and download driver there.