Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Hatching of the plot in plan according to floor level

AL3X15
Contributor

Can anyone tell me how to hatch a plot horizontally?
The aim is that as you go up the floors, the hatching adapts. I managed to do this by switching the terrain to Morph but if I need to adapt the terrain I'll have to do it again.

Kind regards

Capture d’écran 2024-06-10 154108.png

Operating system used: Windows

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

Unfortunately a mesh does not have the option for Floor Plan Display, so you can't show a cut representation based on the Floor Plan Cutting Plane Height.

Even if you could, the view of other elements in your plan would be affected if they are set to show as cut as well, because they would all be cut by the same cutting plane.

So, if you are happy using the FPCP, then create a morph as you have done.

Otherwise manually place fills on each storey.

Either way, if you amend the site mesh, you will have to manually adjust the morph/fills.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You would probably need to set up a property that is set based on the elements reference heights, then you could have the fill change based on elevation 

Solution
Barry Kelly

Unfortunately a mesh does not have the option for Floor Plan Display, so you can't show a cut representation based on the Floor Plan Cutting Plane Height.

Even if you could, the view of other elements in your plan would be affected if they are set to show as cut as well, because they would all be cut by the same cutting plane.

So, if you are happy using the FPCP, then create a morph as you have done.

Otherwise manually place fills on each storey.

Either way, if you amend the site mesh, you will have to manually adjust the morph/fills.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
cuba
Advocate

Hello AL3X15, 

I made this with Gdl, It is like an advanced version of the 'contour generator tool'.

It is story sensitive, shows contourlines, storylevels, waterlevel etc... 

I am currently still testing it.

media.gif

Apple M1 Max 32 GB Ventura
AC27

It's look great.

Hello Barry;

it's a pity that we didn't have a terrain cut adaptation. Maybe add it to the wish-list for future versions !

Alexis

Setup info provided by author