Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Site Plan

toman311
Enthusiast
I would like to change the line weights of the different contour lines. Every 5 foot interval would be a thicker line than the lines between the 5 foot intervals. Is there anyway of doing this inn ArchiCAD?
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could you post a screenshot of how this would look like graphically?
Then we could offers some methods.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
toman311
Enthusiast
Here is a screenshot of part of a construction document which has what I would like to do with the mesh tools contour lines. This page has existing contours and new contours. The new contours are in solid lines and the existing contours are in dashed lines. Take notice how the new contour 375 is bolder than the new contour lines above it. Then, at the 380 new contour line, the line is bold again. So, 376-379 are set to a 95 pen weight and 375 and 380 are set to a 97 pen weight.

In this section of the page, you can see how the new contours kill into the existing contours off to the right of the red text. The existing, in dashes, follow the same idea but instead of a 95, they use a 94 and instead of a 97, they use a 96.

This is drawn in 2D in ArchiCAD, but I would like to get the same effect with the contour lines from the Mesh tool if possible. My question just pertained to getting different line weights with the contour lines, but if you know how I would also get two sets of contour lines, one for existing and one for new, that would be helpful too.
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Great idea for a wish. In the same way you can elevate an entire contour line, change the pen colour as well.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This is not possible with the current Mesh Tool since the contour pen setting of the Mesh affects every contour and their Pen cannot be set on an individual basis.
Currently your best bet is probably to use the Polyline tool and the Magic Wand (Space-click on contours) to place Polylines on those contours that you need to see displayed with a different line weight.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27