BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

VBE executable & You Tube

Tom Krowka
Booster
Am thinking about posting a VBE file to You Tube. Can this be done as the allowed formats are different.
Would like to put a VBE file on the internet somehow and link to my website so potential clients could play around and see one of the big features of AC.

Or any other ideas or suggestions on how to do this?
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
BIMx/VBE is not a movie, Tom, but an actual program that is run on someone's computer, tablet or phone. It is a complete 3D environment, not an animation / movie filmed from that environment.

http://archicadwiki.com/BIMx/

There is no web plug-in for BIMx - clients would have to download either the Mac executable file, the Windows executable, or install the BIMx viewer on their IOS or Android device and download the *.bimx file.

You can create an animation (mov) from within AC, but has nothing to do with BIMx.

Artlantis offers the old VR kind of stuff - you can create linked panorama VR's or VR objects in Artlantis that display on a web page, or create animations for the web, etc.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Tom Krowka
Booster
Is a fly-through with cameras the only way to generate a .mov file in AC without other programs?
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Karl Ottenstein
Tom wrote:
Is a fly-through with cameras the only way to generate a .mov file in AC without other programs?
Yup.

As Dwight posted some years ago, a carefully crafted slide show video can have more impact than a flythrough. Both Windows and Mac have standard software to let you make a slideshow .mov from images...so at least no extra purchases involved in this alternative.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Francois_MCD
Expert
Hi Tom
You can consider some "screen recording software" (lots on Google search).
I have used BandiCam to record lessons etc. Let us know when you get it to work for you.
Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Everything happens in Archicad since v6.5 (2000) ‌
Hiking, Motorbiking, Good food, Gr8! Beer & excellent conversation 😉
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course
stefan
Expert
Francois_MCD wrote:
Hi Tom
You can consider some "screen recording software" (lots on Google search).
I have used BandiCam to record lessons etc. Let us know when you get it to work for you.
Indeed what I would suggest: use screenrecording and place that on YouTube. But there will be no interactivity at all.

But the options of BIMx are quite complete: Windows, OSX, iOS, Android. As long as you can send a client a (potentially large) file you should be fine.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Learn and get certified!