BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

can text on floor plan to appear automatically in sections?

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi, i'm archi cad14 user.
may i know how to make the text on floor plan to appear automatically in sections?
thank.
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
Liew wrote:
may i know how to make the text on floor plan to appear automatically in sections?
No, not automatically.

You can of course copy/paste the annotation to your section. But, a trick might help depending on how complex the text is and how often you edit it: autotext. See this wiki article for how you can place annotation in an autotext field and then use it in multiple views... assured that if you change the autotext, it will change automatically everywhere:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/AutoTextAnnotation

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/AutoTextAnnotation

Cheers,
Karl
I am not allowed to view that page...
Anonymous
Not applicable
TQ very much.
but i also face some problem with s2art, i am not allowed to view that page too...
Karl Ottenstein
s2art wrote:
I am not allowed to view that page...
Sorry. I'll check to see why that page is no longer visible to the public (used to be) and report back.

The idea is simply to use File > Project Info to add new text fields that would contain the desired annotation, and then insert autotext with the Text Tool in your various views that refers to the new field that you create.

Cheers,
Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
The article is public now.
Learn and get certified!