Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

finding a solution about Archicad 26

archuseyin
Newcomer

i'm creating a special wall or column surface or material on a project after that when i work on a new project a new Archicad file, my new surface or material does not transport on my new Archicad file. 

archuseyin_0-1672242093250.png

 as you see above there are 2 files . ı couldnt see the material which is in left picture on my new file. so how can i move all materials f

material problem.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

That purple checkered pattern on the right image indicates that a Texture is not available. So your Surface definition references a Texture image file but it can not find it.

So you not only have to transfer your Surface attributes from one file to another but the Texture image file as well the Surface is referencing.

The easiest way to do that is to make sure both files have the same libraries linked. If the Texture image is in the Embedded Library, then that file should be transferred to the Embedded Library of the other file as well by saving it into a folder, then loading it from there in the other file.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

That purple checkered pattern on the right image indicates that a Texture is not available. So your Surface definition references a Texture image file but it can not find it.

So you not only have to transfer your Surface attributes from one file to another but the Texture image file as well the Surface is referencing.

The easiest way to do that is to make sure both files have the same libraries linked. If the Texture image is in the Embedded Library, then that file should be transferred to the Embedded Library of the other file as well by saving it into a folder, then loading it from there in the other file.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27