BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

help!...I can't render

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello there, I wonder if somebody can help me improving the quality of my renderings. I have standing seam metal cladding (from add-ons) on top of of a sloped roof, and every time I increase the size of my photo rendering window to for example: length 4000 pixels and resolution 300 dpi, the result is a blended colour (in some parts grey and others the actual colour of the standing seam metal cladding). the metal is not even touching the slab (there is a gap in between)... however if I keep the window at length 1000 pixels and resolution at 100 dpi, the colours are fine... unfortunately I need to print big images

I'm using Archicad 10 in a 3 months old Mac pro... I thought it could be a memory problem since I've noticed that when I have more than 3 applications open my 3D window shows some weird ghost lines shadows

I would appreciate any thought... thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
You may need to post an example of what you mean. It's a bit difficult to diagnose a rendering problem without seeing it!

(Best place for your ArchiCAD version, operating system, and basic machine specs eg RAM & no. of processors is in your signature btw.)
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for the interest, I highlighted the area in the render where it is supposed to be blue as the rest of it, but it comes out grey, only if I increase the size of the window and resolution

... also change signature for specs, thanks for the advice
Anonymous
Not applicable
anyone know the reason why??

i dunno .

but if you are in hurry, use photoshop to edit it first.
Thomas Holm
Booster
carlos wrote:
.... the metal is not even touching the slab (there is a gap in between)...
I don't know the reason for this. However, I would try 2 workarounds:
1) change the color (material) of the underlying "slab" (roof) to the same as the metal cladding.
2) increase the gap between the metal cladding and the roof - if it's to be seen only in that image, a distance of 100 mm should be possible without noticing.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
When I have odd renders like I find that it could possibly mean you have two walls on top of each other. Move the wall out of it a bit and see if anything is there or cut an area around the affected walls using the marquee tool and look at it in 3d.
Learn and get certified!