BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

pdf eating text

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have small set of working drawings. Floor plan; elevations; site plan etc. I have sent them to pdf A1, A2, A3. A1 and A3 which contain the floor plan and the site plan and electrical plan are fine, but A2 (elevations, section and details) is being printed without text. However if I look at the A2 layout in the layout book I can see all the text.
The realy weird thing is that it is eating the text out of my titleblock too and that prints fine on the other layouts
Any suggestions.
Jo
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable
joPlan wrote:
The realy weird thing is that it is eating the text out of my titleblock too and that prints fine on the other layouts
Any suggestions.
Jo
Well it must be really hungry then?

For that drawing is the correct pen set selected?
What version/sys are you on?

Now off to the fireworks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Obviously famished.

Not the pen set. I tried changing it. version 13.0.0 build 3259 on windows 7 - 64 bit. It sends to the plotter with text on all sheets happily, just not the pdf. Running adobe v9
Erika Epstein
Booster
I've had this happen on sheets that are full of text, like a title sheet with all the legends, irregardless of Platform and printer. My work-around has been to print that sheet separately.

I've suspected it's related to some fonts, but not been able to reliably reproduce the problem.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your help. I will try that.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem big times. I am convinced is a conflict with AC it happened after the last AC upgrade. Teh old files print OK only the new ones do not

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=172137&highlight=#172137

"Huh. An when I believed all is swell it stars again (had this issue some years ago) the job that just a weeks ago plotted perfectly is full of blank and partially blank pdfs in layouts

PDF created from Word 2008 with save as PDF selected printed Acrobat 8 and placed with place drawing command
– I have tried other printers same result
- I tried placing the pdfs with Adobe Reader 9
- I have tried creating the pdfs using Acrobat 8 printer

The job is a firehouse with 100 layouts and hundreds of pdfs so copy paste a screen capture is a nightmare

AC 13 built 3600 MACtel 10.6 MacBook Pro 2010 HP1050C plus
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just noticed that all the views affected are bolded in the drawings manager. Does anyone know what that indicates?
Anonymous
Not applicable
"Adalbert Albu"
http://www.pdf995.com/
lec
Anonymous
Not applicable
I use a program call cute pdf for other media and quite like it but it seems to go to adobe automaticly. Is there a way to set the alternative pdf writers as the default which archicad uses or do I print to it as I do with other software??
Also finding the plot screens limiting. I know that it plots correctly but I can't get through to the print preferances page to adjust it on the roll and it is printing to the correct scale but on the wrong paper size.
my client is going to have kittens if I don't get this out soon.
Anonymous
Not applicable
joPlan wrote:
I use a program call cute pdf for other media and quite like it but it seems to go to adobe automaticly. Is there a way to set the alternative pdf writers as the default which archicad uses or do I print to it as I do with other software??
Not sure If your asking about pdf995, but it is set up to be a "printer" of sorts, (but not really). But you don't "plot" to it, you "print" to it.
In other words, you tell your file/etc to "print" to pdf995, which then creates the pdf in whatever folder you set, then send that to a real printer.
PDF995 is a very simple process actually.
It's been a couple yrs now, but that is how it works if I remember right.
It's NOT a save-as file-type kinda of dialog.
lec
Learn and get certified!