BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

2x2 ceiling fill printing problem

dhnguyen
Contributor
I'm not sure why when I print out my reflected ceiling plan, my 2x2 ceiling fill comes out funny--- has anyone has this problem and how did you solve it?
Even if i changed my pen weight from .05mm to .15mm, it does not make a difference.

attached are 2 different images, 1 is a pdf and the other one is a hard copy.
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)
12 REPLIES 12
mikas
Expert
To the OP.
I believe it must be a shear scaling problem with your hatches. Your printer is not near enough capable to reproduce the finesse you put into your drawings. I downloaded your file, and opened it with MacOS preview. I scaled it 800%. There still seems to be a really thin hair line viewed even with my Precision monitor 4K Dell (please see screenshot).

Your plotter does not know how to plot almost non existent lines, it has to do a software based rasterization within the limits of the hard wired dots per inch of the plotter mechanics (300dpi/600dpi/1200dpi etc).

When it's (the plotter) being hit with a precision too much for it, it comes to a limit and has to make a decision; To plot, or not to plot - that is the question.

Obviously it chose wrong.
AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS
dhnguyen
Contributor
I use a color plotter to print all of my drawings. It's an HPDesign Jet. I think I figured out what was the problem.---

I created my 2x2 ceiling as 1 massive big fill and ArchiCAD wasn't able to handle it. So I recreated them into multiple smaller fills at each area and that seems to do the trick. Thank you everyone for your help. If anyone has this problem in the future, I hope my response also helps you.
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)
Barry Kelly
dhnguyen wrote:
I use a color plotter to print all of my drawings. It's an HPDesign Jet.
But remember, it is a printer not a plotter.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!