BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

AC10 can't find the Plotware Folder

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have AC10 (build 943 macintel beta version) and AC10 can't find the Plotware Folder, even as it is exactly where the auto-installer (standard install, not customized by me in any way).

Specifically:
When i do the plot layout command, i get a message to "move the Plotware folder to either the same folder as AC10 (where it was installed automatically to begin with), or into the Graphisoft folder within the System folder, then restart AC10." There is no Graphisoft folder within the 10.4.7 System Folder, only in the old version of OS-X. I cannot plot because AC10 can't find the drivers. I've tried moving the Plotware folder all over the place and restart AC10, all to no avail.

Please help!

-bruce bradsby
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
just an update on this issue, f.y.i.:

GS has responded to me offline, saying this is an issue/bug they are working on. my local AC reseller's macbook pro (macintel) reproduced the same malfunction: not being able to get the plotware folder recognized.

As a workaround, i am sending my files to a non-macintel AC10 user who will hopefully be able to publish the files to PDF for me. my bad for depending on a beta release for mission-critical delivery i take full responsibility.

In general, as an AC user since 1996, I have to say AC10 rocks! especially the 3D navigation and integration of Plotmaker functions into AC.

-bruce bradsby
Eduardo Rolon
Just a quick question. Why didn't you print the layout and use OS X - save to pdf option?
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
Just a quick question. Why didn't you print the layout and use OS X - save to pdf option?
Hmmm... I was wondering the same thing
Anonymous
Not applicable
Good question and thanks for your input. Printing to the plotter, versus plotting, and printing to the PDF save-out function were about the first things I tried; the PDF printer/save-out process grabbed only the placed drawings within the layout, but not the master layout data - no titleblock. Even trying to print/save out only the master layout where there are no placed drawings, I got zip. an empty sheet.

My workaround: take a motorcycle ride! OK, I'm taking the project file to a non-macintel AC10 colleague nearby for his hopefully successful publishing to PDF files for my printer's use. But it's a beautiful day for a personal delivery.

Any other thoughts greatly appreciated, as at this GS said they recognize this as an issue that will be fixed in the formal macintel release. I am curious that no one found such a huge issue as not being able to access the plotware prior to this and bring it up. the other person, my reseller, reproduced the exact same result and he was on a macbook pro laptop as well.

Any of you on similar machines not having this issue, I'd love to chat briefly with you to see what the diference is in our hardware/software setup, as this may give a hint as to where the problem resides.

-bruce bradsby
cell: 510.543.1197
Anonymous
Not applicable
bbradsby wrote:
I am curious that no one found such a huge issue as not being able to access the plotware prior to this and bring it up.
I haven't had occasion to plot in quite some time (and perhaps will never again have the need). Printing has been just fine though.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't had occasion to plot in quite some time (and perhaps will never again have the need).
rub it in... have you printed layouts to PDF in the macintel beta app and had the titleblock print as well? mine didn't show up either in preview or the plotter.

-bruce bradsby
Anonymous
Not applicable
bbradsby wrote:
...have you printed layouts to PDF in the macintel beta app and had the titleblock print as well?
Yes. I've had no problems printing. (Except to a Kyocera, but that's a problem with the drivers. It also has problems with AC9 and AutoCAD)
Learn and get certified!