Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Bizarre Missing GUI Element - Macintel vs PPC AC10

archislave
Enthusiast
This is amazing that I discovered the reason I have needed to switch my files to the Macbook from the G5 iMac to print to PDF @ 24x36.

It turns outh that the 'page options' item is missing from the iMac AC10 but appears on the intel Macbook.

Go figure. Why has no one caught this. I have the latest build on the iMac PPC.

macbook.png
Archislave

archicad 26.0 US, M2 Macbook Air
4 REPLIES 4
archislave
Enthusiast
Same file on iMac. Notice no Page Options.
iMac.png
Archislave

Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I suspect that you are not using the same Archicad build on the two macs. In the latest Hotfix (1010) we touched this area. When you publish layouts (and ONLY layouts) then the page options button and settings are completely useless, because all the page settings are inherited from the master layout.

In pre-1010 versions, if you published a single layout, then the page options button was (correctly) removed from the navigator, but when you published more layouts, then it (incorrectly) stayed there, as seen on your Macbook screenshot. Your iMac is probably up-to-date (hotfix 1010 is installed), and therefore the button is (correctly!) not there. On the macbook you still have the button - but it does not do anything.

If you publish views instead of layouts, or you publish views AND layouts, then the page options settings are affecting the output of the views, but it never has any effect on layouts - you set that up in the master layouts settings.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
archislave
Enthusiast
This file always prints to US letter size on the iMac but to Arch D as it should on the iMac. The master layouts are Arch D. Nothing on the iMac will fix it. This behavior is unique to this file.

I will refrain from udating the Macbook since it is my only hope of publishing this file to pdf correctly.
Archislave

Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Please send it to your local tech support. They will forward the file to us, if necessary.

thanks,
greg
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft