Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Bloated files: How to fix

Aurasphere
Expert

I noticed this project had been creeping up in file size but was so busy i ignored it.

Then when I was republishing I noticed a layout was missing and I def didnt delete it.

I realise you are meant to only link large bitmap images but in the heat of deadline I forgot to link them back out after placing...

Now the file size is over 450mg for a pretty simple house!

So I stripped out all the data, images, model etc...ie its empty and its still 81mg vs 20mg for a clean start file...

Where do you start with sorting this out?

Operating system used: Windows

Mark Wesse
AC26 | Win10 | Since v6.5r
Architerion - Architectural Systems Developer
Aurasphere - Acoustics
Building Biology - Human Compatible Architecture
"--- Every time...do it better ---"

20 REPLIES 20

Forget it tbh...its just a toy. You cannot compute with a desktop...it takes weeks currently to generate anything of significance and there are dedicated tools with servers to back it up...eg Solutions like Treble in Iceland.

I talked to them about integrating IFC model exchange but currently they are only handling sketchup as the interchange.

Graphisoft would do well to simply automate and facilitate the exchange to them directly from within archicad. TRUE acoustic modelling is so complex its best handled as a plugin with reputable firms as above

Mark Wesse
AC26 | Win10 | Since v6.5r
Architerion - Architectural Systems Developer
Aurasphere - Acoustics
Building Biology - Human Compatible Architecture
"--- Every time...do it better ---"

Setup info provided by author