Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Can't change interior elevation Layer... Still!?! Fix this!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seriously ArchiCad.... on the 19th Version of a $5,000 program and I still have to go googling around to try to figure out how to change the layer on an interior elevation marker that has it's layer permanently grayed out? Yes, I selected 'only the extent line'.... still grayed out.

I have work to do, I don't have all day to try to figure out weird archicad issues that shouldn't even exist. This should be an intuitive no-brainer. Changing the layer of something shouldn't require a secret code or special knowledge.

/rant
13 REPLIES 13
lukegolesh
Participant
Barry wrote:
You need to select it by the extent line.

Barry.
Thanks Barry, this also solved an issue I was having of not being able to change "Show on Stories" of an Interior Elevation. When you click on the extent line, this option is no longer grayed out. Super weird. I would still consider this a glitch that needs to be fixed by Archicad, but thankful that there is a simple solution.

-Luke
Archicad 24
macOS Catalina Version 10.15.5
Macbook Pro - 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for posting! I was having the same problem with Show on Stories being grayed out.
MendoPermaculture
Contributor

I am having the same issue as the original post in this thread, I cannot change the layer of an interior elevation marker, I'm working on this file Teamwork in v24 right now. The layer drop down is grayed out in my info box, and in the tool settings dialogue.

So, has this glitch not been fixed? Is there a work around?

AC 27amp;
2021 MacBook Pro 16" 32GB Apple M1 Max
MacOS Sonoma 14.5

So you are selecting the outer extent line and not the actual section marker or the line that passes through the section marker.

Also with teamwork, don't you have to reserve the marker so you can make changes, and have the correct user permissions to be able to do this (I don't use teamwork so am not 100% sure).

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11