Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Can't get PDF option?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've got a clean install of AC9 with the latest patches, and installed the Amyuni PDF converter as well, but through Publisher I can't select PDF as a convert type. It just isn't an option in the list.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

-Thomas
3 REPLIES 3
It could be that you need to create a "New Publisher Set" ?

Then make sure you have selected a drawing to publish.

Click on it. It is only when the drawing is selected that the menu for selecting they type of file format you want to use can be selected.

This is when you select the PDF format.

If you are already doing this and PDF is not a choice, then you are in trouble and need to get Tech Support to help you.

Did you try this yet?

C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 10\PDF Converter\Install and double click on install.exe.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Djordje
Ace
Check whether you have a Temporary ArchiCAD publisher in the printers list. That one is used for the Publishing.

Can you just print to PDF?

It might also be an Adminstrator privilieges issue.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the advice guys.

I found the answer plugging through the wiki (great idea AC) at:
www.archicadwiki.com/TechNotes/PDF_file_format_missing_in_publisher?highlight=%28TechNotes/%29%7C%28PlotMaker%29

I had to change a Group Policy on our domain to allow our designers to access to the PDF option. (I run them, mostly, as Power Users).

-Thomas