Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Can't rescale in PM

Anonymous
Not applicable
After a long brutal month switching from acad to archicad, I'm now ready to plot. I have been learning the fundamentals of PM with a made up drawing created in AC. Once I learn the ropes of PM, I will then plot the real job.
Here is part of my problem, in AC all my scales are set to 1/4"=1'-0", when I import my viewset files the elevations keep there scale @ 1/4"=1'-0" but the floor plan scales out @ 1\16"=1'-0". If I save the viewset separately as .pmk file, they all import with the correct scale.

Here is the main problem, I cannot change the scale of any of the imported drawings in PM. The Drawing Settings are greyed out in the Attributes (see attached screen). I have done a search and just came up with this topic about my same problem and the answer to it does not fix my problem. http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=1536&highlight=scale

What am I missing here?

Thanks, Jim

screen.jpg
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you want to change the scale in PlotMaker just look in the "Attribute Update Rules" right below "Attributes" in the settings dialog.

But...

It is better to change the settings in the ArchiCAD views and update the drawings. There are a lot of library parts that are scale sensitive and won't respond correctly to scale changes in ArchiCAD.
Anonymous
Not applicable
"Matthew Lohden" wrote:
If you want to change the scale in PlotMaker just look in the "Attribute Update Rules" right below "Attributes" in the settings dialog.[/quote

I did just that and the scale option is still greyed out.

[quote="But...

It is better to change the settings in the ArchiCAD views and update the drawings. There are a lot of library parts that are scale sensitive and won't respond correctly to scale changes in ArchiCAD.[/quote

....and I have done that also without the results I'm not looking for, for example, I would change the scale in AC views, redefine, open up PM and then update that same layout and the new drawing scale from AC would not carry over to PM. I have also tried numerous times to reset the scale in AC viewsets, then redefine, open PM and import a new drawing from viewsets and the scale still imports with the wrong scale. The only way that the drawing is imported with the correct scale is if I first save that view as a .pmk.

By the way Matthew, thanks for the quick reply.

Jim
Anonymous
Not applicable
what i do is go in plotmaker prefs then drawing attributes then uncheck "scale". then it will not be greyed out any more and you can change scale in plotmaker.

the only way i've found to make sure text looks like its supposed to is to always, in archicad save each layout in the layout book at the scale it will be printed at in the end.

donald mac donald
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, that is what I was missing, the uncheck "scale". But I still don't understand why that when I import viewsets it does not import with the scale that was draw and saved in within AC, even after redefining the view. I guess I'll never know.

Thanks for the help,
Jim
LiHigh
Newcomer
I guess it might be because the viewsets you've imported inyo PM is not the same viewsets you've redefined in AC.
Howard Phua

Win 10, Archicad 19 INT
Anonymous
Not applicable
But I still don't understand why that when I import viewsets it does not import with the scale that was draw and saved in within AC, even after redefining the view. I guess I'll never know.
If there are several view sets that are similar it is easy to chose the wrong view set in plotmaker. This process has worked seamlessly for me.