Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Changing Plan Graphics - schematic thru CD ??

Jef Forward
Participant
Currently, our residential schematic design drawings are graphically represented as free hand line drawings, typically at 1/8" or 1/4" scale...and they are drawn over as-built drawings in Archicad.

I have recently drew a schematic set in AC, and it went well...,I was very happy.....untill we got to the CD set, and I had to spend about an hour converting pen colors and line weight assignments back to a CD format.

I would like to continue using AC in schematic for obvious reasons...can someone suggest a way to transition plan graphics a more predictable way.

Jef
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Would greyscale or 'all black' solve your problem?

We don't know what your 'CD format' is but I would guess some combination of muted tones? or maybe a gray-scale?

Consider using 'output pen colour' templates in PM ...

We have (for example);
'lighting.pmk', 'mechanic.pmk', 'furniture.pmk', 'allblack-hairline.pmk' - which took a bit of time to set up in AC (hint (via Daune) - use the AttyMan NOT the Pen Settings DB) but saves a LOT of time in PM. Pull in the plans onto either an empty sheet (I guess?) or off (print) page and simply eyedrop the pen settings over

* I haven't checked this in AC8 yet - after the 'issues' with 8.0 (and maintaining pen settings) we've only printed in black - but resolved in 8.1? ... hmm - more homework!)

HTH - Stuart
Djordje
Ace
Jef wrote:
Currently, our residential schematic design drawings are graphically represented as free hand line drawings, typically at 1/8" or 1/4" scale...and they are drawn over as-built drawings in Archicad.
Go to www.cigraph-store.com and download ArchiSketchy ...
I have recently drew a schematic set in AC, and it went well...,I was very happy.....untill we got to the CD set, and I had to spend about an hour converting pen colors and line weight assignments back to a CD format.

I would like to continue using AC in schematic for obvious reasons...can someone suggest a way to transition plan graphics a more predictable way.
Well ... either go the PlotMaker way as Stuart suggested, or try the ArchiSketchy - where you CAN assign different pens&colors for the "preliminary" freehand look.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Djordje
Ace
StuartJames wrote:
Consider using 'output pen colour' templates in PM ...///* I haven't checked this in AC8 yet - after the 'issues' with 8.0 (and maintaining pen settings) we've only printed in black - but resolved in 8.1? ... hmm - more homework!)
Works quite nicely now; I would set up template LBKs (in fact am in process of doing so ...) and maybe to be completely consistent do pen settings by the book (layout book, that is).

Still too many peopl avoid PlotMaker ... whatever reasons there were before, now there are (almost) none. I am waiting for the extensions to stop showing in titles and TeamWorking the LBK - then I can peacefully say "this is it!"

HTaH,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen