cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Changing the scale of views after they're placed on layouts

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have recently had the displeasure of importing horrible AutoCAD drawings into ArchiCAD 12, I have re set up all of the drawings onto layouts as they were the stupid viewports with no link to the Floor Plan (model space). The view was set as 1:1 scale and now I need to change it to 1:50 so my line types work properly on the layouts, amongst other things.

My question is; Is there a way of changing the scale of the view and having the layouts stay in their current position and scale, relative to the layout?

At the moment I have to copy all of the drawings down and set them to manual update before I make the scale change, so I have a reference of how they were sized and positioned before. I have a lot of drawings to do and their position on the layouts is critical, as (close eyes now if squeamish) dimensions have been done in paper space in AutoCAD so they are now exploded as lines and text on the layouts. Changing the scale of the drawings (From 1:2500 to 1:50), repositioning them and then re-cropping the drawings takes considerable time.

Please tell me there is a simple solution!
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, since the cavalry is nowhere in sight, try these ...

1) Place to a worksheet first, then place the worksheet onto layout, or

2) import the autocad into a file just for the autocad and then reference that into the "real" file, or if all else fails

3) Set up "Alignment" polylines located on the layouts pointing to a match point or target element. Place these prior to changes, then drag things back into place, using the alignment polylines.
Draw the polyline in the placed view first, then copy it onto the layout, that avoids trail and error in placement. use a layer that you can turn off so you can keep the alignments for the project duration.

HTH a little,
Snap
PS I think #2 should work best