cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

getting rid of fractions with dimensions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am new to archicad, can someone tell me how to get rid of the fraction with my dimension. I want 8' not 8'-1/2". I am working in version 13.

Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Eduardo Rolon
Make sure that what you are drawing measures 8'-0" check your precision settings.

In AC dimensions are associative therefore they take the information form whatever is measured. The benefit is that if you move something the dimension will update.

If you need to edit the dimension you can click on the text to override the measurement but this should be avoided if possible.

Also you can set the precision to ignore the fractions by changing the options under Project Preferences for either the whole project or the type of Dimensions you are using. These options are not recommended since one of the points of using BIM is to do the model as precise as possible.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator