BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Composite Wall Type Legend

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there an easy way of creating a graphical legend showing all the composite types (all the composites listed under Attribute Manager)?

ie. A legend or schedule that lists/ illustrates the following:
1.Composite visual Plan/Section drawing
2. Composite Name
3. Composite Core thickness

(See attached Screenshot)

Cheers
8 REPLIES 8
jakubc7
Advocate
Not as far as I know. I have tried scheduling using the built-in schedule, seems to be no parameter (such as 2d symbol in objects) for composites.

I tried making an object that would at least show the 2d representation of a wall composite but with no luck.

I do not believe in drawing 'fake' walls in my model space or doing a manual legend with fills as it would not update the complete composites if they change down the track.

In v17-18 you can draw fills based on your 'Building Material'. That way if you change the building material it will also update. That's probably the best way I can think of.

Would be great if Graphisoft made it possible if it's not already.
ArchiCAD 10 - 25 | Windows 10
ARCHIcreate | Perth, Western Australia
archicad solutions | content creation | training | software implementation
Anonymous
Not applicable
There are objects in the standard library you can place to show all Fill types, Line types, Pens and colours, and now in 18 Surfaces, but nothing for composites. I wonder why not?
Screen Shot 2014-12-04 at 8.31.32 AM.png
Barry Kelly
s2art wrote:
There are objects in the standard library you can place to show all Fill types, Line types, Pens and colours, and now in 18 Surfaces, but nothing for composites. I wonder why not?
In GDL it is possible to REQUEST pens, fills, line types and surfaces/materials but not composites.

It might be because composites are made up from fills, lines (pens used to be part of the composite but are now part of the building material).

Plus in GDL it is possible to place a polygon that has a certain fill and pen colour or a prism that has a certain surface - which is what those objects do that you mentioned.
But it is not possible in GDL to place a composite.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be great to have a live composite legend like the others available. One thing missing from the fills and lines legend is to be able to show only what is used in the project. Attribute manager shows if something is used, but I can't find any way to get access to that info from gdl.
Barry Kelly
hfs55 wrote:
It would be great to have a live composite legend like the others available. One thing missing from the fills and lines legend is to be able to show only what is used in the project. Attribute manager shows if something is used, but I can't find any way to get access to that info from gdl.
That's where the Interactive Schedules come in as they show only what has been used in the model.
But they can not display graphically the 2D symbol of the element - only the name and other properties.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am also having this problem. It is now 2021. Is there any progress on this? I want to show a legend of my composites. I have tried many time with the schedulling tool but can't quite get the result that I require. I would like it to show:
- in the frist column the Element ID
- The next column a 2D cross sectioned view of my composite
- The next should be a list of the building material used in the composite This needs to be a line by line list of the building materials ie, not all in one buched together block of texted
- and then in the last the overall thickness of the composite.
Aslo if I could include Zone / Room name / number

So far I have only been able to get part way there. The main problem I am having is that the schedule either shows a 2D cross section (of the complete composite) for every building material. Or when it shows the 2D cross section corectly, it list the building materials as one block of text which is confusing and messy to read.

I've (hopefully ) attached some screen shots of an example of what I want to achieve (colour) and two (black & white) of what I have produced so far as mentioned above.

I'm sure this must be achievible but I am just missing some key step to get this to work. Any help would be much appreciated

PS: I am doing this project in ArchiCAD 22 Czech Republic version and the example I've posted I produced in ArchiCAD 22 New Zealand version. (I used the NZ version just to help me get past the Czech language )

Thamks Tim
g r a n t
Enthusiast
Following....same question here.
I started learning ArchiCAD at age 50....bear with me,
AC26
MacBook Pro M1 Max.
Ventura 13.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd like to see this resolved as well. It would be nice if wall types were easily schedule-able.
Learn and get certified!