Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Design Options Manager missing in archicad 27?

cocoloco
Expert

Hello, currently working on project that will need kitchen design options. I understood that there is some great tool to do it , assuming it is better than copy-paste as I did it previously. Anyway! can't find the tool at all. I have archicad 27, I tried searching "design options/design options manager/even just option..." and it's just not there. I am not kidding. Or am I blind? 

Screenshot 2024-07-07 at 9.06.08 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-07-07 at 9.04.11 AM.png

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon 14 Sonoma

  

MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)
8 REPLIES 8
Eduardo Rolon

If you migrated your Work Environment from 26 it will not show in your Menus.

Switch to one of the defaults for 27 and it should be there.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

EDIT: it worked. However I lost all my working environment setting with all my on-screen tools, thats pretty annoying.... Thanks god I saved it. Also once I put it back to my setting, it's not showing. Sorry but this is not normal @archicad the more I work with this software the more I hate it. 

If you are using an old custom Work Environment, then it will not know of any new commands and will not show them.

It will assume that your custom WE is how you want it to be.

If you use a new 27 default Work Environment, then it will not know of your custom settings.

So you can add the new commands to your custom WE.

Or you can add your custom settings to the default 27 WE.

Unfortunately there is no easy way to merge the 2.

The WE is divided up into sections, so you can swap those individual sections.

But is still doesn't help with new commands in toolboxes, menus and keyboard shortcuts.

Fortunately you can see a list of all new commands, but this are only the new ones since 26.

If your WE originates from say version 24, then there will be a lot of other new commands that are not considered as new anymore.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Eduardo Rolon

It is standard normal practice to re-create your W/Es yearly due to the updates.

At a minimum you will always need to recreate (or edit to add the new commands as @Barry Kelly indicated) the one for Menu's. All others can be imported from previous years without much issues. Shortcuts is another you need to look into to check if there are changes.

---

I agree that this should this be easier but maybe you should be looking at other options if you hate it…

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

This is quite annoying stuff with importing older work environment into newer Archicad file and then new versions buttons are not visible, only quite expierenced AC users know it, I believe that great portion of AC users is not even using some new functions that comes with new AC because of this workenvironment issue. This must to be fixed . . . 

GRAPHISOFT BIM Manager Training Week attendee
ArchiCAD v9 - v27 INT / NOR (5030)
cpu i5-12600K @ 5.0Ghz, ram 32GB, gpu 1060 GTX
ssd NVMe, Windows 11
ArchiCAD Discord channel: https://discord.gg/QdWxSJ33

mthd
Ace

I thought Design Options was under Document ?

AC8.1 - AC27 AC28TP ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Sequoia

I agree, What is the point to set up own environment - every-single-year? I would think (or I did) that all the NEW archicad features - which is what I am downloading  - will be imported to the menus automatically OR at least will have opportunity to "find them" and add into my environment. Not that I have to create every year new environment for menus and tools.

Is there possibility to move this into wishes? I don't have high hopes with UI but would want to contribute with some hope. 

IIRC this has been a continuos wish for the last 20 yrs.

Sometime in the las 10? they added a blue highlight for new commands and a dropdown with the list.

EduardoRolon_1-1720978474926.png

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Setup info provided by author