cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Design Options for Elevation interiors?

cocoloco
Expert

Hello!

First and foremost, if there is any manual for this I am happy to review.

I am working on "Interior elevations" where I already added all the angles views and rooms etc. I realized for some rooms that it would be better to have a second option to compare. It would be *perfect* & *enough* for me if I can just copy paste the page with certain elevation as an option, but I know there is "workaround" such as "design options" so ok. 😄 

However I can't figure out how to use the design options... Just for ONE elevation? Do I need to create the option in floor plan and then make new interior elevation or how do I add the Design option into the interior elevations as option B/c etc.? 

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon 14.5 Sonoma

MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly

@cocoloco wrote:

However I can't figure out how to use the design options... Just for ONE elevation? Do I need to create the option in floor plan and then make new interior elevation or how do I add the Design option into the interior elevations as option B/c etc.? 

It all depends on how you create your elevation.

If it is generated from the 3D model, then you need to create alternative models in each design option.

If you are drawing the detail of the elevation with lines and fills in the elevation, then you place these lines and fills in the different design options.

Either way you will set up the same Design Options, DO sets and DO combiations, and save a new elevation view - one view for each design option.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Setup info provided by author