BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Detail Workflow

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I'm trying to make my workflow more productive creating lists of details as objects, but it seems that this way is not as good as I wish, objects doesn't permit easy edition. So my question is if does exist some way of create a list of details to simple insert on drawing boards. For example, I'm finishing a board about sinks and bathrooms areas, it will be very helpfull if I just can drag and drop or insert some kinds of typical details, instead copying and pasting every time from older projects.
Thanks for attention!
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Christophe wrote:
zesdras wrote:
...I can't understand the code to apply the changes that I've desired...
It is not code but a simple two-dimensional drawing.
Have you tried to modify the 2D symbol of a Patch?
1-Select your Patch
2-Open it by File/Library and object/Open object
3-Modify the symbol 2D and save
4-Enjoy

It is necessary to verify that the patch is created from an unoriented point of view (without rotation of the design space)

Do you want a archicad screen movie ?
Yes, please! I'd like very much to see an archicad screen movie!
Creating objects seems to me the easiest way to improve the workflow but I'm afraid we talking about different issues...
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Christophe wrote:
Thank you very much for your time! It's a new way of doing for me, now I understand what you mean with "patch". I'll try, thanks!
Patches are very good for fixing small areas that are not displaying correctly, but I am not seeing their use in developing a detail library with full notation, including notes, dimensions, and title. You might look at Eric Bobrow's 3 part tutorial on his website. Last installment (with links to the other two) is here: https://bobrow.com/archicad-tutorials/archicad-tutorial-compiling-detail-libraries/
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Richard wrote:
Patches are very good for fixing small areas that are not displaying correctly, but I am not seeing their use in developing a detail library with full notation, including notes, dimensions, and title. You might look at Eric Bobrow's 3 part tutorial on his website. Last installment (with links to the other two) is here: https://bobrow.com/archicad-tutorials/archicad-tutorial-compiling-detail-libraries/
Bullseye! Thank you very much!
Learn and get certified!