Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Detail references using autotext

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been trying to find a way to reference a detail from within another detail (I have an enlarged plan - now I want to detail some individual areas in greater detail). Other topics mention using autotext referencing. The ArchiCAD help menu gives the following directions:

"To set a drawing as Autotext reference, select a drawing in the Navigator or Organizer or on the layout, then right-click to display a context menu and choose the Set as Autotext Reference command."

When I right click, I don't get that as an option. My list includes, "Open, Open in New Window, New Folder, Rename, Delete, Rebuild Drawing Detail, Place on Layout, and View Settings". Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Clearly I need the remedial set of directions.

In case it matters, we are using AC10 (up to date on patches also) on a Mac Intel platform.
2 REPLIES 2
Dennis Lee
Booster
I do get that command when I right click on placed drawings from the navigator. I just tried it, and it works fine for me.

When I goto type in a text and click the Insert Autotext button, I get a list of new autotext items referencing that drawing.

My question is, how do I get rid of this Autotext Reference? Can't seem to find a way...

Oh, for details in details, this (look at the pdf file) - http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=75386&highlight=#75386 helped me to understand the concept.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was right clicking on the drawing as listed within the Navigator. When I right click on the actual detail boundary as it appears on the Layout page, I then get the Set as Autotext option. As usual - most of my problems are 'user error'.

I assume you are trying to eliminate the autotext from the list of options that comes up when you try to place Autotext? Don't know yet, but if I figure it out or stumble across something that sheds any light on the issue I will let you know.

Thanks also for the link - we had been using a similar setup for situations related to detailing within sections. I was following directions in this link(http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=62239&highlight=autotext+detail#62239) to be able to reference details that were nested within other plan details.