cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Detail references using autotext

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been trying to find a way to reference a detail from within another detail (I have an enlarged plan - now I want to detail some individual areas in greater detail). Other topics mention using autotext referencing. The ArchiCAD help menu gives the following directions:

"To set a drawing as Autotext reference, select a drawing in the Navigator or Organizer or on the layout, then right-click to display a context menu and choose the Set as Autotext Reference command."

When I right click, I don't get that as an option. My list includes, "Open, Open in New Window, New Folder, Rename, Delete, Rebuild Drawing Detail, Place on Layout, and View Settings". Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Clearly I need the remedial set of directions.

In case it matters, we are using AC10 (up to date on patches also) on a Mac Intel platform.
2 REPLIES 2
Dennis Lee
Booster
I do get that command when I right click on placed drawings from the navigator. I just tried it, and it works fine for me.

When I goto type in a text and click the Insert Autotext button, I get a list of new autotext items referencing that drawing.

My question is, how do I get rid of this Autotext Reference? Can't seem to find a way...

Oh, for details in details, this (look at the pdf file) - http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=75386&highlight=#75386 helped me to understand the concept.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was right clicking on the drawing as listed within the Navigator. When I right click on the actual detail boundary as it appears on the Layout page, I then get the Set as Autotext option. As usual - most of my problems are 'user error'.

I assume you are trying to eliminate the autotext from the list of options that comes up when you try to place Autotext? Don't know yet, but if I figure it out or stumble across something that sheds any light on the issue I will let you know.

Thanks also for the link - we had been using a similar setup for situations related to detailing within sections. I was following directions in this link(http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=62239&highlight=autotext+detail#62239) to be able to reference details that were nested within other plan details.