Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Importing Layouts

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to bring mutiple views from my viewsets eg.(all 4 elevations) into a single layout in Plotmaker9? The way I'm doing it now I have to manually group the layouts that I want printed on the same page. Thanks Doug
4 REPLIES 4
TomWaltz
Participant
You can pick as many elevations (or whatever views you want) as you want from the Import dialog.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Correct Tom. I use Append new layouts..... The problem is that they are put into the navigator in seperate layouts. Then I have to click the + in front of each one of them. Then drag the contents of each into a single layout to get them all one one page. I would have to do this for Elevations, Sections, Details etc. It would be easier to group them as they come in.
TomWaltz
Participant
4thorns wrote:
Correct Tom. I use Append new layouts..... The problem is that they are put into the navigator in seperate layouts. Then I have to click the + in front of each one of them. Then drag the contents of each into a single layout to get them all one one page. I would have to do this for Elevations, Sections, Details etc. It would be easier to group them as they come in.
When you pick more than one, there is an option to place them all in one or to add (append) new layouts for each drawing.

From the sound of it, you are picking "Append new layouts" which (surprise!!) is appending new layouts. It's doing exactly what you are telling it to.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
APPEND: TRANSITIVE VERB:
ap·pend·ed , ap·pend·ing , ap·pends
To add as a supplement or appendix: appended a list of errors to the report.
To fix to; attach: append a charm to the bracelet.

OK I'm a putz!! I didn' see what was going on there. So I guess the easiest (Best?) way to do it is to have the layouts that I want in the navigator, set one current, then import just what I want in that layout. Then set the next one current yada yada yada until I have everything?