Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Details not Linking to callout correctly

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I tried to create a detail marker (callout) for some reason it keeps linking to the wrong detail, I even deleted that detail view an recreated it, but still it seems to be linking it to the wrong detail again.

A colleague in the office had the same problem awhile back but dose not know how to solve this, as what he had done was deleted all views in the layout an recreated them again. Seemed to work but didn't find out why this was caused.

anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
Like all tools, the Detail tool remembers all of its last settings, or the setting that are picked up with the eyedropper from a placed detail.

It sounds like someone left the file you're working on with the Detail Tool set to link to a particular detail, rather than to create a new one. Check the settings vs those in the screenshot attached here.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry should have explained more that how we do details in the office is that we put all our details on a view map and then create views to put onto our sheet, I know this is a little unconventional but this is the way it has been set up.

My problem is When i try to Define the marker reference it refers it to the wrong one, even when i selevet the one i want.

See image:

pokit.org/get/?761ef74fc3ef659105298a9581097a65.jpg

I select 01 Anchor Deck pile...... and select ok, but it auto selects the one i highlighted in the image, 02 deck stringer detail regardless, I even deleted the view of the Anchore detail an recreated but still same issue.

Is this clear?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also to add it doesn't always do this, only one some views.....
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok nvm I was creating the details the wrong way which was linking them to the wrong thing.