cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Different units on separate drawings

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this possible so that the dimension tool took measures in different units (i.e meters and centimeters) on different drawings like floor plan and detail ?
If not, is it possible to have different dimension accuracy within same unit on separate drawings?

thanks
charles
7 REPLIES 7
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You need to save multiple Views. A View stores among other settings the Dimension Settings as well. Define the various Dimension Standards you need to use, then save one View with one Dimension Standard, another one with the other Dimension Standard, etc.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
What do You mean by 'saving multiple views' ?

My situation is as follows:

I have a floor plan, which I'd like the dimensions to be in meters, and I have a detail drawing that I'd like the dimensions to be in centimeters. Could You be more specific how to do it, please ?

thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, that's what I did, I saved all my views and placed them on separate layouts, but what next?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, I think I got...
Save without placing on layout, change the dimensions, and then place on layout. Thanks guys, the problem looks solved.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having a similar problem...I went to the View Map in order to figure out how to save a view without placing it to the layout. In the view map there were only dimensions without the dimensioned detail, then I returned to the project map and .I see only the dimensions without the detail. In the layout I see the detail. I don't know how to return to the normal view.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The workflow is like this:

Open the Organizer > Save the Project Map as a View Map > Open the View Map (double clicking) > Select the correct settings for the View Map (Scale, Dimensions, MVO, GO, Pen, Layer Combo, etc) > Right click the View Map on the Organizer and select "Redefine with current view settigs" > Place your View Map on a Layout.

If you need to make any change in the View Map settings(Scale, Dimensions, MVO, GO, Pen, Layer Combo, etc) :

Get back to the Organizer > Select the View Map > Do the changes > Right click the View Map on the Organizer and select "Redefine with current view settigs"
Then, all the Layouts with this View Map will be updated.

I would recommend you to always work with View Maps, as they have the settings saved. Project Maps don't.

Hope this helps.