cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimensions are displayed backwards

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having problems with the dimension preferences (Feet and inches) because suddenly the dimensions are displayed backwards (inches and then feet)!!!
Can someone help me please.
6 REPLIES 6
Djordje
Ace
Mario wrote:
I am having problems with the dimension preferences (Feet and inches) because suddenly the dimensions are displayed backwards (inches and then feet)!!!
Please ALWAYS state which OS and ArchiCAD you are on!!!

THis might be a case of just switching off the system support for right-to-left languages (Arabic, Hebrew ...) Try that and see.

HTH,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thankyou very much for responding, I have been working in Archicad 6.5 for the last 3 years, OS Windows 98, the system has been working fine in my office, but I'm working overseas at the moment for a couple of days and installed the Archicad 6.5 in a friends laptop (windows XP) to make some changes in the project I'm working now, and found this problem and I can't work on my project because I can't give my clients any plotted drawing with the changes!!

In your response, you mentioned something about changing the language, where do you change it? In windows itself?

Once again, thank you very much responding and waiting for your resronse once again,
Mario.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks again, i changed the confuration and deleted the intalled rabica and hebrew settings and displays the dimensions right, but now I encountered that the dimensions are displayed with 5 more feet each dimension, for example, if my walls are 10 feet high, when I put a dimension in the section window it displays a 15 feet wall (it seems that only in the section window has the problem).

Thanks again for your help!!

mario.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am working in 7.0 on Windows XP, yesterday the dimensions reversed themselves. However, I do not know how to change the system support in regards to hebrew, arabic, etc....Please help!!

Thanks.
Julie
Language Support is a keyboard Control Panel item. Go to the control panel under the Windows Start Menu. Find the Keyboard icon and make the change there.

draobyek = egaugnal
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5030 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply....

All drawings have previously drawn dimensions displaying backwards. I tried to go into the keyboard settings, but did not see anything that needed to be changed.