Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimmention markers show up both in 1:50 and 1:100

Anonymous
Not applicable
I´m having problems getting dimmention markers for the 1:50 not appear on the 1:100 drawings - even though they indeed are placed on the corresponding layers. They still appear on both Plans 1:100 AND Plans 1:50 in View map.

What am I missing?
18 REPLIES 18
sinceV6
Advocate
Placing them in separate layers is not enough if you are saving your views without setting up layer combos. Are you using layer combos correctly?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes. My layer combos are correct. Meaning only 1:50 layer is set to be visible in the 1:50 drawing etc.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you talking about dimension elements or door and window (dimension) markers?

If the latter, turn them off in your model view options for the 1:100 plan (and save the Model View Option "combo") in the same way as you do layer combinations. Assign that MVO to your 1:100 plan view.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I´m talking about dimension selection created by the Dimension Tool. See my first picture.

The two other pictures are showing what I believe is the correct settings for the layer combo.

I would expect to only show 1:50 markers in the 1:50 view, and 1:100 markers in the 1:100 view.

What am I missing here?
- Posting the two layer combos in additional preceding posts.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Her is the 1:100 layers combo
Anonymous
Not applicable
Her is the 1:50 layers combo
AC14 1-50 layers.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
So if you have the 1:100 layer combo set, and you select the 1:50 dimension, it still shows in the settings as being on the 1:50 layer which is turned off?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yepp!

That how it is right now, and I don´t have a clue to what is wrong.
Can you make anything from my images?
Anonymous
Not applicable
No, sorry. I was hoping it was going to be something logical, such as duplicate dimensions on both layers, but that's just weird if they are displaying and their layer is off.

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!