Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimmention markers show up both in 1:50 and 1:100

Anonymous
Not applicable
I´m having problems getting dimmention markers for the 1:50 not appear on the 1:100 drawings - even though they indeed are placed on the corresponding layers. They still appear on both Plans 1:100 AND Plans 1:50 in View map.

What am I missing?
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable
I finally found the explaination!

I had, at some point, set the Layer Combination in View Settings to "Custom", thus overriding the common layer combinations.

When reverting back to the correct layer combination solved the problem!

Than you for all input that lead me to this!
Anonymous
Not applicable
palengh wrote:
When reverting back to...
Please forgive me for being a nudge but this is one of my pet peeves.

In English the prefix "re" implies back or again. So to return is to turn back, to replay is to play again. To say "revert back" or "report back" is redundant (the etymology of "vert" and "port" is a bit more obscure in this case but the rule still applies).

Of course for all you ESL folks out there. If you get this right you'll be ahead of most native speakers.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Palengh, glad it was something simple. Try to keep Layer Combinations up to date and avoid Custom. I'm currently working on a project that has a few custom layer settings and it annoys the cr@p out of me.

Matthew, on your aside, I get annoyed with things like "3am in the morning" (duh, it's not going to be 3am in the afternoon, is it!) or an old football commentator used to say "there's 10 minutes left remaining". I'm a bloke so the fewer words used the better.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
... the prefix "re" implies back or again.
I feel so honored! Finally the struggeling learning my second language, English that is, in school 15 years ago is paying off!

Thank you, Matthew and s2art for including me in *your* native language discussions. Pretty interresting (not kidding).

As I am sure you both are aware of (at least now, checking my location in the signature area to the left) I am Norwegian and English is not spoken around my quarters....

Anyway: I am *not* acting rude now, just pointing out there aremany interesting linguistically nuances -also in the both of Norwegian languages.
Matthew wrote:
... all you ESL folks out there.
What kind of TLA is "ESL" ??

Thank you guys!
I'm off for the weekend now!
Rod Jurich
Contributor
palengh wrote:
/.......
What kind of TLA is "ESL" ??/........
.................... English as a second language
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
davide
Newcomer
about elements dimension it's clear: different layer combinations, but if we talk about dimensions marker for windows and door it's not possible. how can we obtain the same result? thanks
iMac i7 late 2009
Archicad 24
Anonymous
Not applicable
davide wrote:
about elements dimension it's clear: different layer combinations, but if we talk about dimensions marker for windows and door it's not possible. how can we obtain the same result? thanks
Model View Options
davide
Newcomer
In Model View Options i can switch on or off the marker for doors or windows . The problem is that if i set up the window marker in 1:100 view and after i want to save a new view in 1:50 with markers switch on, there are outside scale. i can't create one layer for 1:100 marker and another for 1:50 marker as it's possible for dimensions . sorry for may bad english. davide
iMac i7 late 2009
Archicad 24
Barry Kelly
If you want a marker to appear different for various scales then you will need to have that scripted into the marker object.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!