BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Distorted & Missing elements in PM9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Our office has just updated to AC9 on Mac OSX (10.3). We are occasionally having a problem with arcs and other drawing elements being distorted in the conversion from Archicad to Plotmaker.
One occasion has been with arcs. After working on a sheet, I saved as a plotmaker, opened up the plotmaker file, and a couple of arcs that I have drawn were rotated and blown up out of scale.
On another occasion, I tried to plot a sheet with numerous (25-30) jpg images dropped into it. The title block and lines will plot out fine, but all of the jpgs are gone.
Anyone got a clue??? Thx
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
We had a similar situation where arcs in plotmaker were nothing like what had been drawn in Archicad. In this case it was from a file that is still in 8.1. Re-drawing the arcs solved the problem. I am not sure how the original arcs were created. Someone in the office had opened the plotmaker file using 9 and we were stuck from that point with using 9. The same file had been fine in plotmaker 3.1. Why are we not able to save to a previous version of plotmaker? This would not be such an issue if files created in previous version of Archicad/plotmaker would open by default with those previous versions.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
We had a similar situation where arcs in plotmaker were nothing like what had been drawn in Archicad. In this case it was from a file that is still in 8.1. Re-drawing the arcs solved the problem. I am not sure how the original arcs were created. Someone in the office had opened the plotmaker file using 9 and we were stuck from that point with using 9. The same file had been fine in plotmaker 3.1. Why are we not able to save to a previous version of plotmaker? This would not be such an issue if files created in previous version of Archicad/plotmaker would open by default with those previous versions.
Learn and get certified!