Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Door in Window Schedule

jaydenprosser7
Contributor

 Hi ,

I am running into an issue with window and door schedules.

I have set one the of the fields in the schedule to show "3D front view" . All the windows show as correct except for the door which shows from the internal. 

I have tried all other fields (view from opposite to opening) but as you can imagine it changes the other windows to be reversed.

Is there something I am missing here. 

DOOR.pngjaydenprosser7_0-1724130231343.png

Operating system used: Windows

1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly

When you place a door or window, the first click on the side of the wall determines the reveal side and the second click determines the front side - with doors that should be the side the door swings to.

'3D front view' and 'View from the opening side' should be the same and will show from the side you last click when placing the door or window - with doors that should be the side the door opens on to.

So, 3D front view is a little mis-leading as it is actually the opening side that you have nominated.

'View from the reveal side' will give you the view from the side that you first click when placing a door or window.

Windows and doors in external walls tend to have a reveal side (the sill side) and we should be nominating this with our first click when placing the window, so I usually schedule those with the 'view from reveal side'.

Internal doors don't usually have a reveal side (well they do, it is just we don't care as they usually are the full width of the wall and we aren't worried about a sill).

When placing them we tend to click on either side of the wall and just nominate where the door swings (the opening side).

Because we just place these doors hap-hazardly, I schedule them separately to windows and with the 'view from the opening side', so I know I always have a consistent view.

The view is always as you open the door towards yourself, and then you can say if it is left or right hinged with certainty.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Setup info provided by author