Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Door's clear opening width - UK Documentation for planning applications.

Hi everyone, 
I hope everybody is having a great time. 
Is there anyone that can help me?
For those who work in the UK, a current requirement for planning applications is to note the "Clear opening width" of every proposed door on plan drawings.

Archicad doors don't have the dots on floor plans to make this measurement, as shown in the attached screenshot. Additionally, this is not the same as egress dimensions since this dimension is measured from other parts of the door and is not the door leaf dimension either.
I have attached a screenshot to clarify what I mean. I feel that there is not an official solution, but this would be solved by activating the missing dots of the door on the floor plan.
If no one has a straightforward solution, it would be great if this could be fixed in the coming updates since everyone will benefit, especially accessibility projects.

Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 16.33.16.png

Operating system used: Mac Intel-based

1 REPLY 1
neilmcallister
Booster

If it is of any use to you, I have made a custom door marker that annotates the door as "clear opening width XXXmm" and calculates this correctly.  I haven't yet managed to get it to draw the dimension lines - I've tried but need to get my head around the orientation of doors so that they land in the right place.

I calculate the clear width as leaf width - leaf thickness - rebate width - note that this does not take into account hinge offset etc. which are required to get it absolutely correct but I believe this is adequate for UK building regulations.  Let me know if you would like a copy.

My original plan was to edit the door objects to change how they reported egress width (which could then be scheduled etc.) until I discovered how complex the door macros are.

Archicad 26 / Windows 11

Setup info provided by author