Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Ellipse basin does not show up in PDF

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this a bug?

We've used several casework objects from ArchiCAD 14 Library and we just noticed that the ellipse basin does not appear on our published PDFs. The round basin of the SAME object shows up. The double sink from the cabinet object shows up too. Seems like this could be isolated to the ellipse basin only.

I've attached an image in which was copied from a published PDF in Adboe.

Clipboard-1.png
26 REPLIES 26
Judit Boros
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Users!

it has been corrected with 3862 build.
Thank you for all your help to find this bug.

Regards,
Judit Boros

Technical Support Team

Graphisoft

Budapest, Hungary

archicadwiki - the ArchiCAD knowledge base
Barry Kelly
And thank you for fixing it.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry Kelly
juditboros wrote:
Dear Users!

it has been corrected with 3862 build.
Thank you for all your help to find this bug.

Regards,
Oh no it hasn't.
I just downloaded hotfix and tested.

A mirrored ellipse now publishes in PDF but an object (basin) that has a MULLed circle still does not.

I even created a simple object that has just this in the 2D script -

mul2 2, 1
CIRCLE2 0,0,1

No joy - see attached image.

I'm guessing there won't be any more 14 hotfixes - at least not in the near future.
At least is does work in 15!

Barry.
mirrored_ellipse_object.jpg
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
if this issues is connected to ellipse basins Than it should happen to all of them? I ask this because only some sinks are missing (see image)
Barry Kelly
hali_brent wrote:
if this issues is connected to ellipse basins Than it should happen to all of them? I ask this because only some sinks are missing (see image)
In the ones that are missing you will find that the vanity object has been mirrored.
If your object is symetrical then you can just un-mirror it but yours appear to be as-symetrical so this won't help.

Maybe turn the basin off and add that back in as a separat (non-mirrored) object.
Or hide the vanity bench in a lyer that doesn't show on the plan (or leave it as it is and mask over it with a white fill) and draw your own 2D basin in.

It's annoying as it was a bug some versions ago that got fixed and then broken again in 14.
There has since been a 14 hotfix that partially fixed it - drawn ellipses can be mirrored but not GDL objects with ellipses (or better still MULLed circles for the GDLers).

All is good in 15 though.
Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is very old, but I'm having a similar problem, with sinks and toilets not printing the ellipses (straight line parts print ok). They plot correctly, save to pdf (and then print correctly) but won't print to either our laser jet or our canon multifunction.

Any further ideas would be helpful.

Thanks,
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
We did some research on this and based on our experiences with the latest versions of ArchiCAD 15, 16, 17 this works well.

Please let us know if any of you notices similar behavior with the up-to-date versions.

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT