Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Embedding a JPEG

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like to embed an image onto a master layout. I've tried dragging and dropping the file and using the place external drawing command. Both options work on my computer; however, when I save the layout as a DWG and try to open it on another computer, the image doesn't show up. Is there a way to embed the image so that it shows up when I share the layout as a DWG with others?
3 REPLIES 3
Unless you specifically want the image to be linked to an external JPG, meaning it can be updated externally, but if it goes missing AC will always warn you with a pop up when opening or publishing the file, I would "paste" it in. Open the image in a default image editor, like Preview on the Mac, then copy. Go to the master sheet layout then paste and resize. This way this is no link to go missing.

The only downsides are that you have to repeat the process if the image file (like a logo) is updated by your graphic designer, or if you want to "crop" part of the image (since that ability is only available as a placed drawing).

For me over the years, I find that pasting it in as a figure is the best option. Also, when saving to DWG, it is saved out as a TIF for your consultants, or whomever you're giving the DWG files to.
Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your help. Do you know of a way to embed the image so I wouldn't have to send the image with the DWG?
Anonymous
Not applicable
AutoCAD cannot embed any image type, will always be a linked file. So the limit is with AutoCAD not ARCHICAD

Regards
Scott