Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Existing and Planned views

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have created complex walls with a brick surface and marked there status 'existing' in the renovation filter. The walls will be staying but when I look at elevations of 'new construction' or 'planned status' the brick fill pattern is absent. The only I can find to get the brick pattern to show is by changing the walls renovation status to 'new'. This causes the walls to disappear in plan view when the renovation filter is 'existing'. I can't find a way to keep the look of a wall that is both existing and planned. It seems like there should be another option. The 'override' in the filter options doesn't seem to address it. Thank you for help.
3 REPLIES 3
Eric Bobrow
Enthusiast
Check your Renovation Filter Options. It is likely that you are using a Renovation Override Style that changes the Fill Type and/or Surface for the Existing Elements - see screenshot:

In this screenshot, I have a brick wall set as Existing however it is showing as a simple surface with no hatching, similar to what you described.

The active Renovation Filter is New Construction, and it is set to Override Existing Elements. I opened up the Renovation Override Styles to show the settings for the overrides of existing elements.

In this second screenshot, I changed the active Renovation Filter to 05 Planned Status, and this same Existing brick wall is now showing the brickwork:

To fix your issue, you can either switch to a different Renovation Filter (for example, in the standard US ARCHICAD 19 template you will find 05 Planned Status does not override Existing Elements) or you can change the Filter Settings for the active Filter to Show (without an Override) Existing Elements or you can change the Renovation Override Styles for Existing Elements so that it doesn't change the Surface.
tjmillar
Enthusiast
Assuming Eric's advice solves your problem, it is perhaps worth noting that the reason that existing elements are over-ridden rather shown in a default template is that usually you wouldn't want them displaying the same way as the new elements, even if they are matching materials - it's usually helpful to distinguish new from existing graphically on the elevations. The same graphic with a paler pen works well.
The override won't apply to a rendered 3d view, assuming the override only applies to the fill rather than the surface.
AC26 Australia, Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you all. I seem to have sorted it out. I do think it was the override filter.