cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Filter-specific Element cases

Hi all,

In this part of renovation filters from the Archicad reference guide, I'd be grateful If any one tells me which cases I'll need to use this filter-specific element function?

Thanks in advance.

BFBBF621-DCE9-4251-B8CB-1819FF509959.jpeg

AC 27 INT 5030/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

As @DGSketcher replied above:

I can use filter-specific element case via (Show an element in a single renovation filter only) 

1) For just hiding things in some cases like:-

A) If I like to retain a record of what has been removed from the contract.

B) If I like to keep hidden copies of any grouped assemblies in the main model to be able to drag them directly while they are already saved isolated as HLM.

3) If I want to create sub-level for design options as in this thread:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Graphisoft-Technology-Preview/Design-Options-Suboptions/td-p/396....

4) If I like to include some temporary elements in a particular renovation filter as mentioned in (BIM Professional's Guide to learning Archicad Book).

D017D0C6-2910-4ACD-8D98-478FBC7461A8.jpeg

Thank you @DGSketcher,

Also thanks to Stefan & Roben for writing this professional guide.

AC 27 INT 5030/WIN 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DGSketcher
Legend

The Show an Element in a Single Renovation Filter Only option has bugged me since it was introduced. It was a missed opportunity for an early version of Design Options; if only they had allowed elements to be a member of more than one filter group... But these days I would rather advocate for a View by Class solution.

I personally only use the basic renovation status values of exist/demo/new so I don't have to go clicking through each renovation display setting to find things (Been there, done that). There is a rare example of where the renovation filtering actually has a value in the AC27 INT template, and that is "Omit from Design". This makes a lot of sense if you want to retain a record of what has been removed from the contract or you just want to hide things e.g. grouped assemblies that you want to keep isolated but be able to drag copies into your Main Model and change their renovation "Show on..." to suit. In some situations that may save you from playing the "iceberg" Hotlink game for components.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Solution

As @DGSketcher replied above:

I can use filter-specific element case via (Show an element in a single renovation filter only) 

1) For just hiding things in some cases like:-

A) If I like to retain a record of what has been removed from the contract.

B) If I like to keep hidden copies of any grouped assemblies in the main model to be able to drag them directly while they are already saved isolated as HLM.

3) If I want to create sub-level for design options as in this thread:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Graphisoft-Technology-Preview/Design-Options-Suboptions/td-p/396....

4) If I like to include some temporary elements in a particular renovation filter as mentioned in (BIM Professional's Guide to learning Archicad Book).

D017D0C6-2910-4ACD-8D98-478FBC7461A8.jpeg

Thank you @DGSketcher,

Also thanks to Stefan & Roben for writing this professional guide.

AC 27 INT 5030/WIN 11