cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Foundation Plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know how to size piers and draw them in A10 ?
2 REPLIES 2
You could just use columns (either rectangular or round) to draw them. People here may know HOW to size them, but unlikely you're going to specific engineering advice. (And it would be worth what you paid for it; or probably less.) You'll need a soils report and to have an engineer design the piers based on the report.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
jeropmewms,

which way did you mean the question? Did you mean something like this attachment? Pier pads for post&beam construction?

How to edit the piers dimensions in ArchiCAD for how to determine what size they should be?

I make them as slabs because of how i want them to show up in my material lists.

Size them?
Chapter 4, International Residential Code® for One- and Two-Family Dwellings and Strucalc 7.

http://www.strucalc.com/content/images/continuous_footing_fullsize.jpg

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25