cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PlotMaker, Amyuni PDF converter and Arab text...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

I am trying to use some arab text in Plotmaker. I looks fine in PlotMaker, but when I publish via the Amyuni PDF converter, the text turns into lovely little dots.

Any ideas?!
4 REPLIES 4
Djordje
Ace
MSL wrote:
Hi!

I am trying to use some arab text in Plotmaker. I looks fine in PlotMaker, but when I publish via the Amyuni PDF converter, the text turns into lovely little dots.

Any ideas?!
I should delete your post, as per my new year's resolution, but I feel generous, so will ask:

Archicad version? Pre 10, as you are mentioning PlotMaker.

OS?

Fonts?

Is your OS Arabic enabled? Are your fonts embedded when you print to Amyuni?

Are you printing or publishing?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
That new-years resolution sounds interesting!

I am working in 9. on a PC. The font was Arial, and OS is Arabic enabled. I ebbedded the font, and I was publishing - when printing it works.

In the meantime I installed a new PDF converter from http://www.pdfmachine.com/?cl (for free) and now I get not only arabic, but also the font I wanted.

But thank you for your generous reply. And sorry that I made you break your resolution
Djordje
Ace
MSL wrote:
That new-years resolution sounds interesting!
The point is - you ask a question, and the answer might depend on whether it is a Mac or a PC, and Intel Mac or a PPC Mac, Archicad 7, 8, 9, 10 ... everybody knows what is it they use, but ho do we know?

So, you still did not put the data in your signature? Should I start deleting? 😉
MSL wrote:
I am working in 9. on a PC. The font was Arial, and OS is Arabic enabled. I ebbedded the font, and I was publishing - when printing it works.
Aha.
MSL wrote:
In the meantime I installed a new PDF converter from http://www.pdfmachine.com/?cl (for free) and now I get not only arabic, but also the font I wanted.
So you found a bug!!! Great !
MSL wrote:
But thank you for your generous reply. And sorry that I made you break your resolution
Ah, any time ... especialy if you do make your signature 😉
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Djordje!

This is for you: