Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Getting the point cloud visible in published 2D views?

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Hi,
My first try with a e57 was a great success. 600 MB point cloud just opened and an .lcf was created. It was really easy and visual to build my virtual building in and around the point cloud. Kudos to GS for a good implementation. I'll be interesting when I get a larger cloud file...
However I cant get the points to show in plans or elevation layouts. Any tricks or use images?

/M
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I edited the poll to match the other posts on the Documentation Wishes page:

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=69987

Please vote if this is important to you! I really want to adopt this workflow, as it would save time, reduce errors, etc., etc., but not having point clouds visible in scaled layouts makes it difficult if not impossible to do this in Archicad right now.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow, thank you very much Sam3 for picking up the torch and creating the poll! I've made sure to vote.

Just for posterity, my workaround has been to export raster image slices of the point cloud using CloudCompare and importing these images into ArchiCAD. It's annoying and time-consuming but what else can you do (other than switch back to Revit...)

At least you can save your sliced views effectively in CloudCompare. Now there's a fantastic program!