BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Graphic override ignores stairs

Mike96
Advocate

I have set a graphic override rule which takes all elements that contain brick material and swaps their cut fills into another kind of brick material (which has different fill orientation, but is based on the same fill type).
The problem appears on the section view where stairs' appearance remains unaffected, even though the section cuts through the stairs, so they satisfy the criteria.

I thought, OK, maybe I should also add a 2D rule to swap all "cegła licówka" (that's the brick type) fills into "cegła zwykła" fills.

No success by now. Please see the screenshot of my first override setting or inspect my attached model - maybe someone will figure this out? I need the cut stairs too look like the rest of cut surfaces, and thery are all made of the same material.

Archicad 25 POL - sorry for Polish terms

-2024-feb-26-016.jpg

-2024-feb-26-001.jpg

ArchiCAD 25

Windows 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
cuba
Advocate

It is because there is no criteria for building material when you have stair as an element type.

You will have to filter by a different criteria for stairs. For example Element id,..

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-02-26 om 15.48.47.png

Apple M1 Max 32 GB Ventura
AC27

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
cuba
Advocate

It is because there is no criteria for building material when you have stair as an element type.

You will have to filter by a different criteria for stairs. For example Element id,..

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-02-26 om 15.48.47.png

AC27
Mike96
Advocate

ArchiCAD 25

Windows 10

With graphic overrides, you always overwrite the entire element. Stairs can have multiple buildingmaterials so unfortunately you cannot use the buildingmaterial as a criteria.

AC27
Learn and get certified!